Monday, 7 February 2011

HACKED - ZYNGA Texas Hold'em Poker "auto" response

I am posting this to show you the automated response you will get from Zynga should your Texas Hold'em Poker account gets hacked, and sucks you dry of your chips.
I lost $59,000,000+ (milllion+) chips!
Having done a fair bit of research I see that I am not the only one to be hacked, and to receive the "automated"response that basically tells you to 'do one!
OK now I know its not Zynga's fault that people get hacked, but all they have to do their end is tap in a few digits back onto the hacked accounts, and there would be no bad feeling. After all, they offer 10% back to banned accounts so what about the victims, and the (stupidly) paying ones!. 

Feel free to comment if you've suffered a huge loss of chips, and Zynga customer support.

Please note this is from most recent to earliest (you may want to read from bottom up?)


Sent 7th Feb 2010  (awaiting response.....)
How do I apply for a refund of the VIP status?
Now that I am no longer using Texas Poker through Zynga because you will not give my chips back after a hack that wasn't my fault.  So I no longer need the VIP status I Paid for and would like to have it returned to my Paypal account please.

And please explain why when someone is banned for transferring, do you give 10% back, however when someone is hacked, you don't give anything?  Surely thats not fair.

Thank you




From: support@zynga.com
To: xxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 12:46:07 -0800
Subject: [Incident: 110202-014083] Reply from Zynga Customer Support


You recently contacted Zynga Customer Support. Below is a summary of your support request and our response.

Below, we've provided a detailed answer that we think should resolve your issue. If after reviewing our response and following the instructions you are still experiencing the issue or have additional questions, please reply to this message and let us know.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you
.




 Discussion Thread
 Response (Isaiah G)02/03/2011 12:46 PM
Hello xxxxx,

We’re sorry that our efforts to resolve your loss have not been well received and that we have been unable to provide you with the resolution that you desire.

We have reviewed your account extensively. Unfortunately, we are still unable to verify your claim and will be unable to grant your request. We are sorry to inform you that we no longer be able to provide assistance regarding this particular issue and consider our decision on this matter final. We also regret that we will be unable to respond to any further inquiries into this incident.

We hope this decision does not permanently alter your relationship with us as we do value you as member of our community; we simply were unable to verify this particular loss.

Kind regards,
Isaiah G.
Zynga Customer Support.
02/03/2011 10:25 AM

 Customer 02/03/2011 03:25 AM
Hi Isiah
I am very happy with the customer service so far, in fact surprised by the speed of your reply, thank you
As I have paid towards the £59 million I've lost, please can you check into my payment history and at least give me half back? Also due to the fact a hack isnt my fault, so I shouldn't have to suffer.
This has really knocked my confidence in playing, but having to build it all up again (taken two years to get that far) is highly frustrating.
I am anxious for this to be rectified.
Thanks again XXXXXX

From: support@zynga.com
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:18:00 -0800
Subject: [Incident: 110202-014083] Reply from Zynga Customer Support
 Response (Isaiah G)02/02/2011 03:18 PM
Hello Xxxxxx,

After further review, we are unable to verify the loss reported was the result of a hack, and therefore we're unable to restore these chips.

Please be sure to collect your winnings before leaving the table, and always click the Go to Lobby button when leaving a table. Also, remember to always log out of your social network account. We strongly recommend that you change your password now and regularly change it every few months.

Kind regards,
Isaiah G
Zynga Customer Support
 Customer 02/02/2011 02:55 PM
Thank you
I have followed all of your instructions
I have attached a screen shot of an application I found that didnt look like yours but was called zynga, this  was also accessed in the last 24 hours, which is when I lost my chips
I hope it helps,
Will I get my 59mill back please?
Thank you
XXXXXXX

From: support@zynga.com
To: xxxxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 14:06:10 -0800
Subject: [Incident: 110202-014083] Reply from Zynga Customer Support
 Response (Isaiah G)02/02/2011 02:06 PM
Hello xxxxx,

This is Isaiah. I am sorry for the frustration and for any excessive wait time that you must have experienced.

I understand that you are missing chips from your account, I'm very sorry to hear that.

It appears that the security on your account has been breached. It is very important that you complete all the steps below and be as thorough as possible. These steps are designed to prevent this from happening again. If you skip any of these steps it may result in your account continuing to be compromised. Please keep in mind that if you use the same password for your email account, that it may also now be compromised.

1.Remove alternative emails on your social network:
- Select Account Settings from the Settings drop down menu
-Go to the Contact Email section and click the Change option to view all of your addresses
-Check the list for any unusual addresses, and remove any that you do not recognize
-Once you are finished, click on 'Mobile' and make sure that there are no unusual mobile numbers on your account
- Make sure that your security question has not been changed

2. Login to your email account:
-Change your password
-Check to make sure that no unusual emails have been added to your account
-Make sure that your account recovery security question has not been changed
-Check to make sure that no unusual mobile numbers have been added to your email account

3.Remove all Poker applications:
-Select application settings from the account drop down menu
-Select show, Authorized
-click "X" to remove

4. Clear your cache (http://zynga.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49)
5. Change your social network password.
6. Re-downlaod Zynga Poker

If you've received a suspicious email that led to any losses in your account, please include a screen shot of the email received.

1. How do I take a screen shot? http://zynga.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/106

It is recommended that you also:

1.Run a virus scan
-A few of the more well known virus scanners are:
--Avast (http://www.avast.com/index)
--Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/)
--Adware (http://www.lavasoft.com/single/trialpay.php)

It is very important that you complete all of the steps listed above. Once you have successfully completed every step, you will need to write us back and confirm that your account is completely secure. Once you have done so, we will begin the investigation into your missing chips.

I look forward to looking into this issue for you.

Kind regards,
Isaiah G.
Zynga Customer Support.
  Customer02/02/2011 01:40 PM
Thank you for getting back to me quickly
I hope this link works and will suffice
http;;//www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
Thank you 
xxxxxxxxxxxx

From: support@zynga.com
To: xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:14:57 -0800
Subject: [Incident: 110202-014083] Reply from Zynga Customer Support
 Customer 02/02/2011 01:25 PM

From: support@zynga.com
To: xxxxxxxxx@hotmail.co.uk
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 13:14:57 -0800
Subject: [Incident: 110202-014083] Reply from Zynga Customer Support
 Response (Isaiah G)02/02/2011 01:14 PM
Hello xxxxxxxx,

Thanks for contacting Zynga Customer Support.

My name is Isaiah. I am sorry about this inconvenience with the game. Would you be so kind to provide me with your Social Network UID in order to check your account.

If you are not sure how to get your UID please check the following article.
http://zynga.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3464/kw/uid

Please click on your profile and then copy the whole link on the address bar and sent it to me in order to can find your account.

I will appreciate if you can reply to this email as soon as possible and I will gladly look into your issue.

Kind regards,
Isaiah G.
Zynga Customer Support.
 Customer02/02/2011 12:49 PM
Since yesterday my total chips have gone from over £59,000, 000 chips to just 16,000 and I haven't played.

Have they been stolen from me?

If so please tell me how I get them back.

Thank you

2 comments:

  1. hey! my name is selmir. somebody hascked into my facebook texas hold`em account ehen the security message shows there is one email accoun which is not mine and all instructions what to do are send on that email adress what can i do about it? i will apreciate if you will replay to this email as soon as possible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey zynga ..... need u to please verify ma zynga poker account .....had a hack probably from Jakarta ..... lost 1.8b ...... it took matter of seconds for them to take ma chips off ... where As it takes us days n months to earn those ...... can I get ma reply spoon

    ReplyDelete